A community where children are God fearing, nurtured, trained and protected from all types of child neglect and abuse.
Jesus and me children’s ministries targets children from 0 to 12 years especially those from the following category: -
- The less privileged/disadvantaged children.
- HIV/AIDS children
- Children who have lost both or single parent to either HIV aids or other circumstances (orphans).
- Abandoned children
- Street children.
- Homeless children.
CORE VALUE AND BELIEFS
- We believe that all people are created equally before God regardless of gender, race, nationality, social status, ethnic or religious background.
- The value of children. We believe that children are a heritage from God and a blessing from His hand. We are therefore accountable to Him for raising, shaping and preparing them to be God fearing and to live a life of service to God, the nation, humanity, through their gifts and talents.
The children are required to join the project or to be registered into the project from 0 to at least 12 years, and have to graduate when they are 22 years. It means that the project ends when the children clock 22 years.
By 22 years, the children will be expected already to have acquired knowledge and skills in all the five aspects; spiritual, education, social, physical, health, economic and practical skills aspects, (Holistic approach) so that they are able to progress in day to day life and as well be able to earn a living therefore lessening their dependency (poverty line).
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Below are goals and objectives for Jesus and Me Children’s Ministries.
i) Children are tomorrow’s leaders and they have hidden talents. They need help to utilize these talents socially, economically, educationally and spiritually.
ii) Helping children live friendly and accept all conditions of life by reaching them in schools, homes and social centers with the love of Jesus. This will discourage children from leaving their homes and going to the streets.
iii) Helping children to learn to be busy by making them get involved in different activities such as making education movies about real life, etc.
iv) Teaching children to be helpful to the communities where they live.
v) Helping children to know that smoking, alcohol drinking and taking of dangerous drugs (drug addict/substance abuse) is bad.
vi) Building a close relationship between the company and the children for instance children can contact the company in case of danger without fear and can be helped.
vii) Developing friendship with different NGO’s, churches church organization and other organization by organizing annual children’s Christian talent shows whereby children from all over the country will come and participate in different activities and express their interests.
viii) Providing children with some gifts once in a while.
ix) Having a centre where children and parents/guardians can meet on a timely basis and carry out different activities.
x) Reducing the burden of the government on the children by developing friendship with other agencies and working together as a team for the Lord Jesus Christ without discrimination.
xi) To expand JMCM activities into every major district in Uganda.
xii) Create jobs for the people especially those who will be employed to run the affairs of the ministry.
For School Ministry activities are kind of separated into two aspects (spiritual aspect and social aspect) where as programme children involves all five aspects (spiritual aspect, physical/health aspect, social aspect, education aspect.
Activities carried out –School Ministry
Sharing information with children on moral Ø
behavior basing in the bible during
Class time§ Parades§ Assembly§
Ø Enrolling new members in the Bible club Counselling and guiding children by advising them on practicing good behaviour habits Ø Developing posters Ø bulletin and news letters featuring verses, HIV/AIDS messages and a lot more educative and informative materials Ø Finding out problems, which force children out of their homes and schools (school drop outs) and help them.
Activities carried out-programme children
Bible classes Ø Letter writing Ø Music, dance and drama Ø Child sponsorship Ø
Different games Ø Cookery Ø Handcraft Ø Carpentry Ø Computer training Ø Tailoring Ø Brick laying and brick making.
However there are some activities, which fall together or relate in both school ministry and programme children.
Required means to implement the project
The following resources will be needed to enable us continue with the Ministry to the children. The following is what is easily noticeable: -
• Colstic materials
• Soft ware
Information related to the implementation and the monitoring of the project.
Implementations shall be in phases
• It shall start with the present children in the
programme especially those within primary 1 to primary 3.
• It shall operate within a small structure.
• It shall operate in such a way that it’s easy to manage
• In case of registering new children, it shall have
at least a maximum of 15 children per class.
• It shall at least recruit 1 teacher per class.
• P.4, P.5 and P.6 shall be put in place.
• P7 Shall be put in place including vocational
• Shall have several houses
• Shall have mothers in each individual house and a
maximum of 4 boys and 4 girls (family setting)
Children’s recreation centre
• Shall have offices and office premises for rent
• Shall have main hall/conference hall
• Shall have small rooms for shops
• Shall have library
• Shall have recording studio and media house
• Shall have swimming pool and sports equipment
• It shall be well furnished
• It shall offer excellent services.
• It shall have departments.